I love you

thanks Denis for this submit.In a class where I teach the adults, I made an 'unforgivable' thing recently. I gave an assignment to them! I said : "During weekend, all of you must 'go and meet an important person in your life and say that you love him/her'".

At the beginning of the following class, one of my students stood (with the height of 1m90) and said : "Denis, I was rather in anger against you last week when you gave us this assignment. I've never ever thought to have somebody to say these words to". For me, huh, he just gave an excuse not to finish his work.

However, while walking home, the voice of my consience challenged me. It stressed me that I knew exactly to whom I had to say those words. Just imagine, five years ago, my father and I had had a serious disagreement which we had never solved, so we avoided seeing each other. Thus, last Tuesday (8 april), when I arrived at home, I had been convinced myself to say to my father that I love him. Strange, but this simple piece of words just make myself sweaty, my heart beated so fast. "Relax" : I tried to calm myself.

At 17h30, I knocked my parent's house, hoping that it will be my father who opens the door. Because, since we (my father and I) had that fight, it is my mother who does everything, answering phone if i called, replying my e-mails if I send them one etc... Fortunately, it was my dad who opened the door. Without losing a minute, I took a step in and I said : "Dad, I simply come to say you that I love you". I just couldnt believed that my father changed. His face softens under my eyes, the wrinkles seemed to disappear and he started to cry. He took to me in his arms and said : "I love you too my son, but I was never able to say it to you".

It isnt all that I have to say. Two days later, my father had an attack and found himself at the hospital, unconscious. I dont know if he'll be able to heal from his disease. Thus, I address my message to all of you : dont wait to do things that you want/must achieve. What would it have occurred if I had waited to say it to my father? Perhaps I'll never have this chance ever again! Take time to do what you must do, dont waste times and start it from NOW!

[musique on air] Sing For The Moment - EMINEM