Updating

three days without doing anything. if i continue like this.. i’m dead man.

updating the forum project with a new interface look for registered user. thanks to eZportal -smartor- for his mod. Hello Nukers… As you may see now all comments options has been removed from news and polls. This was mainly because two factors. The first reason for this drastic measure is the high sabotage on the site, all over the place… the second reason is that I need to start saving bandwidth. PHPNuke.org consumes more than 200GB montly. Taking off the forums and the comments I just saved at least 120GB of bandwidth. Read more to know what’s new on the site and what will come next…

The forums has been victim of flood attacks, insults, flames, etc… same goes for news comments and poll comments and this is something I’ll not tolerate on my site. There are some people interested in destroy all what I did until now and I just don’t accept it. So this drastic decision came to save my work and to let PHP-Nuke enter to a new dimension. How?

Ok, without the comments here you, as user or developer, will be forced to post your comments in the original site… I mean, if some developer publish an addon, a block or a theme here the best idea for him/her is to have comments on his/her site and not here. This measure can be negative for me but will be possitive and will benefit others for the explained reason.

On the other hand, since I’m bored with all the situation created by a few plages, I can now dedicate more time to code and publish new instead to read flames, insults and complains of all colors.

In a few days I’ll upload and activate a new module for bug reports, so anyone can submit to me any bug and then it will be fixed with its respective public announce.

Also, Journals module has been deactivated since nobody used it for what it’s supposed to be. Too many garbage in there.

The Community module also got some changes. Now it’s activated only for region specific support sites about PHP-Nuke. I got too much request for the “cool sites” and I can’t put them all, so I prefered to dedicate that space to country/language specific sites and it will be updated soon with some missing sites.

The FAQ will be updated soon also with more information.

I’m working also in a new News module that will be tested here soon and maybe, if it’s accepted, will replace the actual News module of PHP-Nuke.

I know that many of you will scream for all these changes, but believe me that in the long term it will be better for all us. Stop for a momment, put yourself in my shoes for a while and think about anything that happened here… I’m sure you’ll agree with me. I’m just absolutely bored that each time I publish an article, a bunch of people have fun starting a flames war insulting whatever I represent and whatever I do, other complaining abou the GPL… bla… bla… bla… read the license, understand it, then cry but is very disturbing to see people “defending” the GPL without the minimun knowledge of how it works in the real world. There is also people out there that in private are the best friends, in public are a total crap or viceversa… I want to stay as far as I can from those people.

When I started PHP-Nuke, 3 years ago, I made it for fun… now it’s my 100% time job because I decided it, because I love to code and I love to see so many people using what I made. Now, thanks to the recent sabotage all this was in danger, the destructive power of some people out there is just amazing. Now, if the stuff continues as is I need to work in anything else and stop PHP-Nuke… is this what you want? For what was all this big effort? I already started other activities and the time will tell what will survive… if the support comes, PHP-Nuke will survive for a long time, if the support falls be sure that PHP-Nuke will also fall. It isn’t a matter that I want to make money from PHP-Nuke, which is true in part and I have the right to do so., the simple situation is if I can’t get money to live from PHP-Nuke I need to do something else, just plain simple.

As I said, I don’t want to see PHP-Nuke destroyed… my actions and decisions are to benefit the project in the long term because I want to continue it but starting to be serious. No I’ll have some calm and will rest for a while after all this, but be sure that I’m here and I’ll put my best efforts to continue giving you a great product for your enjoynment… and it’s still GPL, FYI.

Sorry for my english and have fun with PHP-Nuke. If you want to communicate me something about this, you know where to reach me.

Thanks for your attention.

Francisco Burzi you know, when we talk about money, people just ew… it is bcoz the nature of human.. not to spend if it doesnt give any benefit.

i’m totally agree with the opinion of Mr Francisco Burzi, but, if he starts to put his code in to a “pay to download” code, people will just.. ew.. let say, they’ll change to postnuke or what ever. but i still support this portal, the greatest ever php website.

give me 5mins, to finish my assignment, then i’ll continue this discussion