Rolex GMT Master II ceramic

The Ceramic Bezel: I have only hit it a few times once on the underside of my BBQ changing the propane tank out and twice on a door jamb. No marks, No chips and No scratches. I drug it across my new skateboard grip tape and was sure it was going to be scratched but just a slight set of scratches along the coin edge nothing to write home about it even took me a few days to find those.

The Ceramic Ball Bearings: a modern marvel of engineering. So smooth and quite. I am not a big fan of the ratcheting sound from a normal rotating bezel. Each time the bearings lock into place they align perfectly with the center of the indices or dead center in between two indices as it should.

The Case: Polished sides not easily scratched though I have a few hairline scratches nothing to write home about. The fit is great. The times I do notice it on my wrist it feels like it belongs there. Largely because of it’s perfectly adjustable bracelet. But the low profile flat case back sure does not hinder the comfort.

The Crown: Very nice much easier to pull out and adjust.

The Bracelet: has yet to let me down. This thing is a tank. Sure the PCL’s have hundreds of hairline scratches easily seen in the light but from a foot or two away they look brand new. I seriously thought about brushing the PCL’s out. I now am glad I did not. Sure the watch is a little shinny and screams look at me. But for the price tag it should say that. The patented easylink is just amazing. I use it daily. And it is obviously heavier and way sturdier. I know it is not apples to apples but it is the only thing I have to compare it too besides a few Paris solid oyster bracelets which compared to those this one blows them out of the water.

The Cyclops: After studying the two GMTs side by side I noticed the 16750 seemed to have a larger magnification. It appears that the font on the date wheel of the 16750 is larger to begin with. Nonetheless the date is still easily readable on the 116710. I do kind of prefer the open numbers on the 16750 to the closed numbers on the 116710 but not enough to give the IIc up.

The Dial: I can some it up in word Beautiful. However I will go on a bit more. I personally love the green hand and writing with the black bezel. If the bezel was any other color I would have to go with the red hand and writing.

The Lume: Amazing better than any other watch I have owned. I think I have said before but the large Indices kind of make the Sub look cute when they are side by side.